Hello. My name is Ryan. I’m a pastor — which means I study ancient texts and then stand in front of people (and usually candles) and proclaim that God loves you.
It also means I get to walk alongside people and remind folks that our worth isn't dependent upon our job, relationship status, parenting style, level of education, class, gender, race, sexuality, morality, capabilities, or disabilities. I'll walk or sit with you through anything. Because you're worth it.
For the last eight years I have loved pastoring in the greater Los Angeles area. Prior to this, I was a high school teacher in Los Angeles, primarily working with at-risk and incarcerated students. Evidently, I loved schooling as I have a BA from UCLA, a Secondary Teaching Credential from California State University, Northridge, and a Master of Divinity at Claremont School of Theology.
When not pastoring, I love spending time playing with my kiddos (Ella and Buddy), dating my wife and best friend (Melissa), hiking/wandering/climbing in the great outdoors, or reading graphic novels.
- Favorite Quote: “We’re all just walking each other home.”
- Favorite Movie: The Muppet Movie
- Favorite Fictional Book: Legends of the Fall or At Swim, Two Boys
- Favorite Graphic Novels (which are books, but…): Blankets or Promethea
- Favorite Non-Fiction (other than scripture): All About Love by bell hooks
- Disneyland or Disneyworld? Both; however, I was born and lived around Disneyland for most of my life.
- Favorite Way of Making Coffee: French press or Chemix.
- DC or Marvel: Marvel makes better movies, but DC has better graphic novels.
- Superhero: Batman. He’s super messed up, bereaved, and just the most fascinating character.